Saturday, March 16, 2013

Working in retail as your 2nd job?

Personally because I worked in retail before, I chose retail as my 2nd job.

If you are interested in finding a 2nd job in retail here's somethings you need to consider:

1. During holiday seasons, starting October - December, most retailers will require their employees to work extra hours and late. Late can means 11 pm or beyond.

If you do not mind that, then you will not have a problem.

If you feel you can work maximum till 11 pm but not after than, then..................

find a smaller retailers, where the managements usually do their own scheduling (instead of 'automated computer system) which means you are more likely able to negotiate your availability.


2. Most of the time, it will not pay you much. Now if you really want to get extra money from this 2nd job, choose the ones you have interest in but you can not afford or no need to spend on!

Maybe office supplies, electronics, fine jewelry, higher end boutiques, furniture. 

For instance, I worked in a shoes store before, and yeah..I ended up buying extra shoes while I worked there - not good right?

Where I work now, I LOVE the style but I can not afford to buy even with my employee discount!
And when I have the urge to buy, I really wait until it goes on extra extra sale and use my additional coupons on top of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment